Babao tea is originally from Sichuan province in china. This tea use green tea as tea base and other seven different herbs/fruits including chrysanthemum,dried lychee,wolfberry,drieddate,driedgrape,sweetwood,sesame,plus crystal sugar to smooth the taste.
Babao tea was a traditional drink for the people who lived and traveled along the Silk Road, the Hui people from Dongxiang county used this tea to make the guests feel at home. Every single ingredients in the tea has certain function to maintain health. Drinking Babao tea on daily base could help you to nourish Yin, moisten lung, smooth and protect throat.
chrysanthemum: Vitamins, amino acid, multi-trace elements etc.
dried lychee: Protein, vitamin C etc.
wolfberry: Carotene, vitamin A/B1/B2/C, calcium and iron etc.
dried date: Carotene, vitamin B complex/C/P, calcium, iron, phosphorus etc.
dried grape: Protein, dietary fiber, calcium, iron, phosphorus etc.
sesame: Lecithin, vitamin A/E, dietary fiber, calcium and iron etc.
As the old Chinese saying goes, 物极必反(wù jí bì fǎn)，Things will develop in the opposite direction when they become extreme. Tea has lots of healthy benefits when consumed in moderation — normally should be 5-7g per day.
More things to note:
- Women who are pregnant, in lactation, in menstrual circle or menopause shouldn’t drink too much tea, because tannic acid in tea might interfere with iron absorption, and theine might affect heart and kidney negatively due to its stimulating effect.
- Shouldn’t drink GREEN TEA before go to bed.
- Shouldn’t take medicine with tea.
- Shouldn’t drink cold and overnight tea.
- Shouldn’t drink GREEN TEA on an empty stomach.
- Calculus patients shouldn’t drink BLACK TEA.